You have got through a whole lot trying to find the perfect bathtub for your baby. The next thing to handle is how to maintain and keep it safe and healthy for use correctly. Do you know the plastic tub also accumulates soap scum, dirt, and even baby poop every time you use? If not taken care of, it can form mildew, bacteria, or mold which exposes your baby to infections, viruses, and other diseases.
You do not need to enroll in an academy to find the perfect cleaning solution. Your baby skin is susceptible and may become irritated if you utilize harsh chemical solutions. Except you baby poops or pees, cleaning the bathtub should be as simple as using disposable wipes to wipe it down. Endeavor to keep some close to the tub so you can clean the tub with it after use.
Clean Baby Bath Tub for Countertop or Bathtub
- Position your baby bath in your bathtub and fill it with hot water. Then add 2-3 cups of Vinegar(white vinegar). Vinegar serves as a disinfectant and is the ideal non-toxic agent you can use with any baby product.
- Let it soak for five to ten minutes.
- Wipe over with your bathroom cleaning cloths. These are innovative micro-fiber materials that provide a splendid two cloth dry and wet cleaning system producing a brilliant streak-free glittering. The first cloth(wet) will cut through grime and soap scum.
- Clean every part of the bath and underneath the edge of the bath.
- Now, rinse the bath with shower or tap water. Absorb the buff and moisture with the dry cleaning cloth, then shine the surface.
- Take any inserts in the baby bath with the cleaning cloths and vinegar solution.
- Remove the tub from the stand and clean it separately.
- You can use warm soapy water or the vinegar solution to clean. Wipe clean using the bathroom cleaning cloth.
- In case there is a basket at the base of the stand, remove and clean it separately or wipe clean using the solution simultaneously.
Best baby bath tubs and best toddler bath tub reviews. Top Guide to help you choose the best option for you and your family.
Cleaning baby toys
If bath toys have accumulated mold, cleaning them may be very difficult. So, prevention can be a good option than cure. Raid the toys and block every hole with waterproof silicone. Ensure you press it in tightly so your baby mouth can’t get it. This way, you prevent water from getting in, and thus, mold.